The Brexit fog is starting to clear as many more of us are beginning to come to terms with what might be expected for the UK moving forward outside of the EU. However, one thing some people won’t have considered if traveling on the UK roads may be affected - personally and commercially for businesses. There are many UK businesses that run a company fleet of vehicles, and most of those businesses will run some form of van fleet or even a truck fleet of above 7.5 tonne. There have been certain EU laws that we have needed to abide by in regards to the running of these types of vehicles, especially for heavy duty vehicles. Some of which are for the benefit of both the driver and the company. One, in particular, was the introduction of tachographs on vehicles over the five-tonne weight. This meant that drivers couldn’t drive any longer than four and half hours without a break. With a break being mandatory of forty-five minutes before being able to be driven once more. A tachograph records this information, ensuring that a driver abides by this law. Could this change once the UK is no longer accountable by this EU law?
Now that Article 50 has been triggered, it is essential that fleet managers take steps to carefully counteract the impact Brexit will have on cost increases and have new strategies in place to achieve success in the current volatile market. Here’s our 4 tips on how fleet operators can plan accordingly, identify smart opportunities to boost efficiencies and streamline business processes wherever possible.
- RAM Tracking Canada office move sparked by increase in headcount and future expansion plans
- What are Clean Air Zones and where are they?
- How can Dash Cams improve fleet safety?
- 5 must have features to look for in a dash cam
- 5 ways to avoid the spooks with RAM Tracking
- HFL Building Solutions review RAM Tracking’s vehicle tracking solutions
- RAM Tracking Q&A with Leger Coach Holidays
- Why should you use a business dash cam over a consumer dash cam?
- Rilmac Group review our vehicle tracking
- Gough & Kelly review RAM Tracking