The Brexit fog is starting to clear as many more of us are beginning to come to terms with what might be expected for the UK moving forward outside of the EU. However, one thing some people won’t have considered if traveling on the UK roads may be affected - personally and commercially for businesses. There are many UK businesses that run a company fleet of vehicles, and most of those businesses will run some form of van fleet or even a truck fleet of above 7.5 tonne. There have been certain EU laws that we have needed to abide by in regards to the running of these types of vehicles, especially for heavy duty vehicles. Some of which are for the benefit of both the driver and the company. One, in particular, was the introduction of tachographs on vehicles over the five-tonne weight. This meant that drivers couldn’t drive any longer than four and half hours without a break. With a break being mandatory of forty-five minutes before being able to be driven once more. A tachograph records this information, ensuring that a driver abides by this law. Could this change once the UK is no longer accountable by this EU law?
Now that Article 50 has been triggered, it is essential that fleet managers take steps to carefully counteract the impact Brexit will have on cost increases and have new strategies in place to achieve success in the current volatile market. Here’s our 4 tips on how fleet operators can plan accordingly, identify smart opportunities to boost efficiencies and streamline business processes wherever possible.
- Q&A with Shentongroup
- Q&A with TRAC Engineering
- Introducing RAM Live – Our 3G live-streaming dash cam for fleet vehicles
- How dash cams can be used to enhance corporate duty of care
- How does the summer holidays impact fleet management?
- How to Stay Safe in Your Vehicle in the Summer
- The Most Reliable Vehicles to Hire for Business | RAM Tracking UK
- How Dash Cams Can Help Reduce Insurance Premiums
- Fuel costs - historic analysis and projections for 2018
- How to pick the right breakdown and recovery provider for your business