We are all aware that safety for a fleet of vehicles is of heightened importance to a fleet manager. Through ensuring safety of vehicles, fleet managers can potentially see reductions in insurance premiums and an increase in employee satisfaction. There are many obvious ways to protect your vehicles from steering Locks to vehicle trackers. However, many people aren’t aware of the safety improvements that dash cams can bring with them.
Here at RAM Tracking we understand that looking for technology can be confusing, with the vast amount of information from different companies providing different products and services. When it comes to dash cams, we’re the experts - that’s why we’ve put together a list of 5 vital features you should look for when shopping around for your dash cam, to ensure you find the right dash cam for your fleet management.
It’s no secret that dash cams are easy to get hold of on the consumer market. It would be easy for businesses to order consumer dash cams via the internet or simply walk into an automotive store and purchase dash cams there and then – particularly for smaller businesses with a smaller fleet. However, there are many dash cams that are designed specifically for business use that have significant advantages over consumer products.
In simple terms, first notification of loss (FNOL) means contacting your vehicle insurer as soon as is safely possibly following an incident. The quicker your insurer has been notified, the quicker they can start to capture all the necessary third-party details and start working on recovering the damages. A quick and accurate reporting can help to reduce insurance premiums as insurers will take these efforts into account when assessing the claim and aim to get you the best possible outcome.
Employers have a duty of care to their employees, which means that they are legally obligated to take all the steps reasonably possible to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of their employees in the workplace. This includes driving in a work-related capacity.
Get a quick quote
- The ULEZ is coming – are you ready?
- Investing in telematics could be the answer to successful callouts during cold spells
- What Is Enterprise Fleet Management?
- What is Fleet Management?
- From vehicle tracking to dashcam footage – the relationship between RAM and Wireless Logic
- How can vehicle tracking help customer service?
- How can vehicle tracking help demonstrate proof of work?
- How can vehicle tracking reduce fleet management paperwork?
- How can vehicle tracking help make your fleet more environmentally friendly?
- How to ensure your fleet is geared up to handle the new ULEZ