The service sector is a key industry where vehicle trackers are invaluable for improve day-to-day operations. Monitoring and managing drivers to get to their next job, accounting for urgent emergency jobs and ensuring they get there at the estimated time of arrival provided to the customer are crucial.
There are huge benefits in tracking service sector vehicles such as cars, trucks and lorries that can help the business save money. Identifying occurrences of engine idling can reduce fuel costs, plotting more fuel efficiency routes can reduce wastage and driver dispatch to the nearest job can improve customer satisfaction.
Vehicle tracking features
Many of our service sector clients are impressed by the wide variety of features offered by RAM Tracking and how it could help not just improve their business operations, but help them scale business growth. Such key features for the service sector included;
- Driver Dispatch: Using the RAM Tracking mobile app or desktop user interface, service sector businesses able to immediately react to emergency or urgent jobs. HQ can locate the nearest driver and even provide directions to help them get to the job most efficiently.
- Route Planning: By reflecting on historical driver data, businesses are able to identify more efficient routes for drivers between jobs. By plotting new routes against speed data, the business could avoid delays arriving at customers as well as reduce fuel costs by recommending short distances to their drivers.
- Driver Safety & Speeding: RAM Tracking’s report generation features allow service sector businesses to easily create reports on who the fastest drivers in the business are, who has been exceeding the speed limit and even which drivers have spent too much time driving. Analysing this data allows service sector companies to protect their valuable staff and assets’ wellbeing.
Business benefits of vehicle tracking to service sector companies
Utilising vehicle tracking in the service sector can bring multiple business benefits that have a real impact on not just your bottom line but staff morale, vehicle maintenance and improved customer service. Examples of key benefits include;
- Reduced fuel costs
- Increased productivity from drivers
- More optimum route planning
- More efficient driver dispatch
- Asset management alerts (e.g. MOT renewal alerts)
- Timesheet verification
- Improved driver safety
Scaling with business growth
Many of RAM Tracking’s customers are service sector companies that have experienced fantastic growth in the last few years. However, with growth comes new problems – such as growing a fleet of vehicles and managing them. Tiger Scaffolding, established in 2004, is a great example of a small business that expanded and saw new business being generated further away from their main office.
Tiger Scaffolding needed a vehicle tracking solution to help increase the speed to which they could communicate with scaffolders and dispatch them to nearby jobs. After a short demonstration of the RAM Tracking fleet management system, Tiger Scaffolding were sold by the friendly customer service and impressive but easy-to-use technology.
“RAM has so many different features that just work so well for us. We like being able to see the whole fleet in one place, as well as tracking our driver’s routes; we now advise them on more efficient ones. Which has helped us to get to jobs even quicker as well as save on time and costs when it comes to fuel consumption.”
Read more about how RAM Tracking helped a rapidly expanding service sector company like Tiger Scaffolding in our full vehicle tracking case study.