Transport & Logistics
Vehicle Tracking for Transport & Logistics companies
Managing a fleet of vehicles across the UK in the logistics sector can be a time consuming and expensive task. Without vehicle trackers, operators are reliant on archaic processes such as ringing drivers which wastes valuable time and puts driver safety at risk. Ensuring that your company knows the whereabouts of all your vehicles is paramount.
Vehicle tracking features
RAM Tracking devices can be fitted at your premises at a time and date of your choosing. The lightweight GPS tracking devices are easily fitted and can even be transferred between vehicles as you develop your fleet. Key features of the technology include;
- Co-ordinating multiple drivers: Our vehicle tracking system allows companies to monitor and manage the location of up to thousands of drivers through our user interface. Real-time telematics data reports back where vehicles are, how long they’ve been there and even what speed they are moving at. Using this data, fleet managers and operations teams can co-ordinate and dispatch drivers to jobs more efficiently.
- Business & private mileage: Many transport and logistics companies allow drivers to take their van back home with them in order to reduce time wastage each morning swapping over vehicles. However, there is always a temptation for employees to use their van or truck in out-of-office hours for private usage. RAM Tracking allows companies to quickly spot any unauthorised usage of vehicles. We can also provide an easy fob system should you want to allow drivers some private usage of vehicles – this ensures that you accurately record mileage.
- Monitoring service level agreements: Our vehicle tracking devices work on cars, vans and trucks to ensure that every movement is recorded. Many service sector clients of RAM Tracking find great value in using the data to prove/disprove any disputes with customers or staff in regards to “turning up late” or “leaving early”.
Business benefits of vehicle tracking to service sector companies
Taking advantage of vehicle tracking devices can quickly improve business productivity and efficiency. Furthermore, it can help identify existing problems that were previously concealed from the business e.g. engine idling. Business benefits include;
- Reduced fuel costs
- Reduced insurance premiums
- Increased productivity from drivers
- More optimum route planning
- Timesheet verification
- Improved driver safety
JML saw a 15% reduction in fuel costs
JML are a household name for providing high street home ware brands. With a fleet of 128 vehicles back in March 2009, JML needed a trusted and flexible vehicle tracking solution to help them keep on top of their operations. After a spate of vehicle thefts, JML’s fleet manager Judith Fahey, explored the market for a solution to combat the problem.
Judith was drawn to RAM Tracking’s simple and cost effective vehicle tracking solution instantly. Installation would be quick and easy across their entire fleet and the software was accessible to use. JML also took advantage of the automated speeding reports to identify drivers who regularly exceeded the speed limit that could result in both driver and vehicle harm. JML also helped reduce fuel costs by using RAM Tracking to identify that a number of drivers regularly “idled” their engine, wasting expensive fuel.
“We turned our attention to fuel consumption and monitoring private usage. As a result we saw an instant 15% drop in fuel expenditure and across our large fleet that really does add up!”
To learn more about how RAM Tracking helped JML save 15% in fuel costs and improve their fleet management, take a read of our vehicle tracking case study.