RAM Tracking are increasingly helping UK local authorities with their fleet management by providing them with valuable vehicle tracking data and our GPS vehicle trackers. Our GPS data helps local authorities make better financial decisions, ensure driver safety and can even help demonstrate how the local authority is committed to reducing carbon emissions across their fleet.
Vehicle tracking features
The RAM Tracking device and software provides a wide range of features and functions to help local authorities better understand and manage their fleet of vehicles;
- Fleet Management: Local authorities often operate fleets with sometimes hundreds of different vehicles. Managing, monitoring and measuring the operations of all these vehicles can be an arduous task that is incredibly time intensive. RAM Tracking’s easy-to-use interface works on both mobile apps and desktops to provide all the information needed to monitor a large fleet.
- Driver behaviour: As RAM Tracking devices constantly record and transmit telematics data, our software is able to provide analysis and reporting about how the vehicle is being driven. Such insights include whether the driver has been speeding, have they been driving too long and have they taken the most optimum route.
- Monitoring overtime: Our vehicle trackers can help your local authority account for overtime accurately. Local authorities can accurately track when vehicles left the premises and when they got back.
- Asset recovery: In the event a vehicle is stolen, RAM Tracking can allow you to immediately locate the vehicle and pass on live real-time data to the police in order to retrieve the vehicle instantly.
Business benefits of vehicle tracking to local authorities
Installation of our vehicle tracking devices is undertaken at your premises at a time and date of your choosing to avoid any disruption to operations. The benefits for employing our trackers across vans, cars and trucks includes;
- Reduced fuel costs
- Improved driver safety
- Improved route planning & driving efficiency
- Reduction in engine idling to reduce carbon emissions
- Proof of work / timesheet verification
- Reminders for vehicle maintenance e.g. MOT