Rental & Leasing
The flexibility of RAM Tracking’s vehicle tracking system makes it one of the very best in the fleet management and telematics industry. Rental and leasing companies need vehicle trackers that can provide accurate and real-time information on their vehicles as well as the flexibility to add and move units in between vehicles easily.
Vehicle tracking features
Our vehicle trackers are ideal for rental and leasing companies due to the enormous range of features and functionality offered by the discreet, small and lightweight GPS tracking devices. Such features include;
- Vehicle location: RAM Tracking GPS devices allow rental and leasing companies to immediately locate a vehicle across their fleet with pinpoint accuracy in a matter of seconds. This can help rental and leasing companies manage, monitor and measure the usage of their fleet in just a few clicks.
- Installation: Our expert engineers are on hand to install our tracking devices across your rental and lease vehicles. Installation is quick and easy and included as part of the cost. Our engineers can fit the devices at a location of your choosing as to avoid any disruption to your fleet. Units can be disconnected and moved to other vehicles easily and upon request.
- Driver behaviour reports: Powerful automated reporting such as the speeding alert system and report can protect against potentially damaging driving behaviour that could reduce the residual value of the vehicle. Within seconds of a speeding offence, our system will notify you so that you can make sure the driver knows they need to adhere to set out appropriate usage policies.
- Mileage usage: RAM Tracking reports can detail vehicle mileage accurately so that rental and leasing companies can appropriately remind the driver/customer of any mileage limits that were agreed as part of the contract.
- Out of office/Out of country alerts: Our fleet management system can alert rental and leasing companies to any breaches of agreement. If a driver takes the vehicle out of the country/across a border that may invalidate insurance or is using the vehicle outside of agreed hours, RAM Tracking can record and notify the appropriate contact.
Business benefits of vehicle tracking to rental and leasing companies
Utilising our vehicle trackers across cars, vans, trucks and lorries for rental and leasing companies is a great way of providing peace of mind as well as managing a large quantity of vehicles. Installing our award-winning trackers can have multiple business benefits including;
- Improved driver safety
- Reminders for vehicle maintenance e.g. MOT
- Regulation and duty of care for vehicles
- Protecting residual value of vehicles
Academy Leasing and monitoring private/business mileage
As one of the industry’s leading providers of vehicle, invoice and equipment finance, Academy Leasing have been active since 1987 and came to RAM Tracking looking for a solution to some common problems.
Academy Leasing’s Operations Manager, Michelle Taylor, wanted a flexible solution to track their vehicles to ensure that leasing agreements weren’t being breached. Ensuring that vehicles in their fleet weren’t being used for private mileage meant that residual value was protected and the business could resell the vehicle in the future.
By employing our vehicle tracking devices, Academy Leasing were able to generate accurate mileage reports across staff and vehicles to ensure there were no out-of-office hours usage. Automatic speeding alerts were also set up in the RAM Tracking dashboard to ensure no drivers brought harm to themselves or the vehicles.
“Due to the nature of our business it is paramount we are able to separate business and private mileage. Since installing RAM Tracking our sales team are no longer required to complete mileage logs as the RAM platform keeps an accurate record of this for us, resulting in a time saving across our entire workforce.”
To find out more how we helped Academy Leasing employ vehicle tracking take a look at their case study page.