The Privacy of
Your Personal Data
at RAM Tracking
This policy relates to the privacy of your personal data at RAM Tracking.
About RAM Tracking:
Established in 2004, RAM Tracking provide businesses with commercial vehicles, various products - GPS vehicle tracking, dash cams, vehicle finance, fuel cards, breakdown-recovery, vehicle hire and service and maintenance packages.
Under the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which governs Data Protection, we are required to give you a clear understanding of how and why we process your data, and what our position is, in this relationship
We are the Data Controller
As we set the rules and reasons for collecting data from you, we are classed as the Controller of your personal data. This means it is our responsibility to ensure that the data we collect is controlled effectively, and protected at all times. Should you have any questions about the processing of your data you can contact us directly using the following methods: [post] RAM Tracking, First Floor, Nelson House, George Mann Road, Quayside, Leeds LS10 1DJ. [Telephone] – 0330 100 3622. [Email] - Info@ramtracking.com
Why we need your personal data and what we need to do with it
Your personal data will be managed in accordance with the new Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) under the following principles:
1. Lawfulness, Fairness and Transparency:
We will process your data in order to provide this website to you and to help us answer any questions that you pose. We will also use your personal data in connection with the performance of any contract entered into with RAM Tracking. (If you are a business, and providing us with driver data, you will need to make sure that drivers are aware that we are processing their personal data.)
2. Purpose Limitation:
Your data will only be collected for specified, contractual and legitimate purposes meaning that as well as using the data to identify you and perform any contract with you, we may use it for:
- Marketing purposes if you consent
- Newsletter subscriptions you sign up to
- Other products/services provided by RAM Tracking that we may offer to you if you consent to us sending you such offers.
- If we have collected your information for a specific purpose, we will not use it for anything else unless you have been informed and, where relevant, your permission obtained
3. Data Minimisation:
We will not ask for more information than we need for the purposes for which we are collecting it
4. Data Accuracy:
We will update our records when you inform us that your details have changed
5. Storage Limitation:
We will only retain your personal data for the length of time needed to complete the initial request and for three years following any contract in respect of which you are party or subject.
6. Integrity and Confidentiality:
We have implemented appropriate technical and operational measures to protect the integrity and confidentiality of your personal data
Policies and processes we have to protect your rights as the ‘Data Subject’
Under the GDPR you have a number of ‘rights’ which you can exercise at any time. Should you wish to do so, please contact the person named at the end of this Notice. These rights might include:
- the right to access all of the data we process on you. This will be supplied to you within 1 month from the request being received.
- the right for any inaccurate data we hold on you to be corrected. We will make your amendments without undue delay
- where the contract has ended but consent has been obtained to process your data, you may have the right to be forgotten and your personal data erased without undue delay
- the right to object/withdraw your consent
- the right to restrict us from processing your personal data which can be reversed through consent from you the ‘data subject’
- the right to have your personal data to be ported from RAM Tracking to another controller
- the right to object to automated decision making, whereby we may use your data for profiling purposes to make a decision.
Where we cannot comply with one of these rights, or we need additional time to comply, we will provide you with a full explanation within the timescales required by the Regulation.
Transferring personal data
Due to the nature of the business, we work with a variety of GDPR compliant businesses who act as our processors which store and process your personal data on our instructions. Below is a list of our main categories of processor:
- Website development and hosting companies
- Customer Relationship Management platforms
- Email platforms
- Financial and leasing companies
- Installation engineers
- Information Technology platforms
- Secure servers
At no time does your personal information leave the EU.
Talking to us about your rights or this Notice
Should you wish to speak to us about the way we process your data, or wish to exercise your rights as listed above, please contact RAM Tracking’s Data Protection leads, Scott Chesworth email@example.com or Sandy Noble firstname.lastname@example.org
However if you wish to direct your questions to the ICO, you can find their details at www.ICO.org.co.uk