Truck Tracking, Lorry and HGV tracking with GPS
From one lorry to a whole fleet of HGVs, RAM Tracking’s truck, lorry & HGV vehicle trackers helps you keep track of both truck and trailer wherever they are. Our advanced GPS vehicle tracking allows you to monitor employee productivity, reroute lost drivers and cut down on admin with easy to read reports on everything from fuel to stopping time.
Why use Truck, Lorry & HGV tracking?
- Fuel: Fuel is a huge expense for trucks, lorries and HGVs and can range from anywhere between 17 – 32% of a vehicle’s annual operating costs. By keeping track of fuel costs you see where you’re losing money and how you can become more efficient.
- Visibility and accountability: Give clients full visibility on the journey of their products wherever they are in the country. You can also backup invoices and offer evidence of work to bring peace of mind to both you and your clients.
- Productivity: Almost all of our 3,500 customers reported a 10 – 20% improvement in productivity for drivers when our vehicle tracking systems were introduced.
- Avoid fines: Prevent your business being hit with costly VAT fines by knowing how your employees are using your resources.
Here’s what some of our customers had to say about our service:
Who uses Truck, Lorry & HGV tracking?
We offer the best truck GPS and cater to customers from all sectors that use Lorries and heavy goods vehicles as part of their business. Two of our most common customer types are:
Why choose RAM Tracking?
- Freight transport: Our vehicle tracking is invaluable for heavy goods vehicle operators who work in the freight transport industry. When you’re transporting someone else’s goods, you need to be able to know where they are at all times. Truck, Lorry and HGV tracking offers you peace of mind and accountability.
- Consumer goods: If freight transport forms a part of your consumer goods business, but isn’t your prime service, it can be difficult to allocate it the time or resources that it deserves. GPS vehicle tracking takes the stress out of management and ensures you always have visibility on your products and employees, so your day to day operations run as efficiently as possible
- Unrivalled customer support: We make sure you always have the support you need, with unrivalled industry customer service, no call out charges and a full lifetime warranty on our products.
- Innovative live view: You’ll have access to our unique online tracking and reporting platform including a live map view of all your drivers. See who’s driving, who’s unloading and who’s idling.
- Customisable reports: Choose what you want to report on, from speeding reports to mileage and fuel reports. Use our easy to read data to save money, cut down on admin and backup customer invoices with factual data.
- Coverage: We recognise how difficult it can be to keep track of vehicles without having to worry about losing signal. We offer roaming sim cards as standard to all customers who work in low signal and rural areas, so you’ll always know where your lorries are.
- Upgrades: No need to worry about expensive upgrades, we automatically upgrade your equipment without the need to renew your contract.
- Installation: We work with you to ensure your vehicles are off the road for as short a time as possible. Once you receive the devices, we’ll visit your premises to install – even on a Saturday.
Truck Tracking FAQs
RAM Tracking are one of the most respectable and knowledgeable market leaders in the industry for truck and lorry fleet telematics. We respond to questions about vehicle trackers on an hourly basis and help a wide variety of businesses better understand how vehicle trackers for lorries and trucks can help improve profitability and performance. As such, we’ve compiled our most frequently asked questions about truck and lorry tracking.
What is a lorry tracker?
A lorry or truck tracker is a small and lightweight GPS monitoring device that we install into your lorry, truck or HGV vehicle. It provides our software with telematics information on where the vehicle is, how fast it’s travelling and even how long it’s been idle in a spot.
What is Telematics for trucks?
Telematics is quite simply, the transmission of real-time data across a long distance. Our vehicle tracking software could be described as an example of telematics in that we monitor real-time GPS data for our customers and use this data to find insights and information such as which truck drivers have been speeding in transit, finding the most efficient routes based on traffic data and providing customers the ability to locate their fleet vehicles should they wish to notify their clients when they can expect a delivery for example.
Why are RAM Tracking the best truck and lorry tracker?
Our truck tracking system isn’t just the best because it uses the most up-to-date and effective technology, but also because our vehicle tracking software interprets the data and communicates it back to you in an understandable fashion.
Using data from GPS truck trackers, we’re able to provide instant and real-time reporting about how your trucks, lorries and HGVs are being used by your drivers. Whether you want to use the geo-location data to refute a speeding charge or want to ensure that your trucks aren’t being used out of hours, RAM Tracking can help.
What lorry and truck tracking software do you use?
One of the reasons that RAM Tracking is a market-leader in truck tracking is because of our software. We’ve spent years developing a first-in-class lorry tracking system for companies to monitor and manage their fleets. Our in-house development team based in Leeds, West Yorkshire work tirelessly to devise innovative new features and technology that directly responds to the needs of our customers.
One perfect example of this is the release of the RAM Tracking App (Android and iPhone) in May 2013 that allows fleet managers and business owners to track their entire fleet of HGVs, trucks and lorries through an easy-to-use mobile interface.
How do you install your truck / lorry trackers?
Our truck trackers are incredibly discreet at just 130 grams and measuring less than 90mm in length. Included as part of the cost, one of our expert engineers will come to your premises at a time of your choosing to install the device quickly.
Can I move the tracking device to another truck at a later date?
Sure thing. If you’d like us to switch your GPS truck tracker onto a new vehicle get in touch with us and one of our engineers will come out to your premises to refit the device.
Can I use the GPS truck tracker for Fleet Management?
As previously mentioned, RAM Tracking is a state-of-the-art vehicle tracking system that is a valuable tool for fleet management. Our intuitive and accessible user interface works across all major devices and is incredibly easy to use. If you’d like to see just how straight forward our telematics software is, why not request a free no obligation web demonstration today?
How much do your truck trackers cost?
Cost for our vehicle tracking devices and systems are dependent on the needs of a customer. Many of our customers operate fleets in excess of 150 vehicles, yet other businesses require just 10. As such, we recommend speaking to a member of our team to get an affordable and reasonable quotation for your truck and lorry tracking needs.
Do you offer free trials of truck and lorry trackers?
If you’d like to ‘try before you buy’ then please get in touch with us for a free truck tracking trial. We strongly believe that after the trial you will see the immediate benefit and value in our technology.
Request an instant quote and see how RAM van tracking can help your business today.