Dash Cams for Business
Dash Cams (or dashboard cameras) are increasingly popular in both the consumer and business trade. These usually small, discreet and high-quality cameras usually attach to the front and rear windscreen and record the road ahead/behind in HD quality video onto either an online cloud storage solution or off an SD card.
Dash cams are often fitted for a variety of reasons but the main one is usually to record the road ahead/behind in the event of an accident. Recorded HD video is increasingly being used in insurance claims or to identify vehicle damage by businesses and consumers alike.
For businesses, dash cams are quickly becoming a must-have tool for fleet managers. These often small but powerful devices are usually easy to install and can “pay for themselves” if their footage is used to clear any wrong-doing or blame in insurance claims. However, dash cams have also proved to be incredibly useful for monitoring and improving driver behaviour as well as acting deterrents to other drivers.
What are the benefits of a business dash cam?
- Insurance & Disputes – Because dash cams are constantly recording, they can be used to record footage of accidents, crashes or dangerous driving behaviour. Depending on the quality of the footage, the majority of insurance companies will now accept the footage as evidence in deciding who is to blame for insurance claims.
- Driver Safety - The very presence of a dash cam in a business vehicle can be enough to deter a driver from making poor or dangerous driving decisions. Dash cam footage can be used to analyse driver behaviour and help educate drivers on making better decisions when they are on the road.
- Live streaming / Accident management – Many new dash cams now provide the capability to live stream the video footage directly back to the business. This means that businesses can see what the driver sees at all times. This may prove incredibly useful if the driver or vehicle suffers and accident and needs immediate help.
- Theft prevention – The presence of a dash cam can act as a good deterrent to would-be thieves from attempting to break into or steal the vehicle.
- Reduced Insurance – Dash cams are now being used to lower insurance premiums. Insurers believe that the presence of a dash cam can encourage safer driving and it will also help them react faster to insurance claims.
Which Dash Cams Do We Sell?
Why purchase a dash cam with RAM Tracking?
Our dash cam technology has been specifically designed for businesses. We install and sell dash cams for our customers with the view to helping improve driver safety and help reduce crash-for-cash and manage insurance claims.
When you use RAM Tracking as your preferred dash cam provider you can rest assured that your dash cam will be professionally installed, ensuring that any footage recorded is to the highest quality on the most optimum settings. You’ll also be guaranteed outstanding customer service from our award-winning team, who are always happy answer any questions, explain how dash cams work and help you select the right dash cam for you.
Our dash cams work excellently in tandem with our vehicle tracking devices. Businesses with the full RAM Tracking suite can now track and watch their vehicles and drivers to ensure that their vehicles are being used correctly- providing you with enhanced visibility of your fleet.
How are our dash cams installed?
Every dash cam you purchase is professionally installed by a RAM Tracking engineer. This is vitally important as it ensures that your camera has been placed in the correct position on the windscreen/dashboard for the most optimal images. Your engineer will also set up and customise the dash cam to record in the most optimal settings. Failure to set up your dash cam correctly could potentially see your recorded footage rendered unusable with insurers.
Our engineers will also install the dash cam at your premises (or place of choosing) at a time convenient for you. Depending on your vehicle, we will always ensure that there are no loose wires and as much of the wiring is concealed under the dashboard as possible.